If you have baggy or droopy eyelids, this can result in you looking tired or aged, and it may be getting you down. There’s no need to worry, though, as blepharoplasty provides the perfect solution.
If you’ve been researching the different eyelid surgery options that are available, you may be wondering whether blepharoplasty is a suitable choice for you. With that in mind, we’re going to reveal everything you need to know.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is also known as eyelid surgery. This is a type of cosmetic procedure that is used to get rid of excess fat or skin from the eyelids. The purpose of this surgery is to improve drooping or hooded eyelids or eye bags.
Before you proceed with this treatment, it is vital that you are certain about your motives for wanting eyelid surgery. At The Lanfranchi Center, we will always discuss this with you during a thorough consultation to make sure that this is the right treatment for you.
Upper Eyelid Lift Candidates
If you are getting down because of the appearance of droopy eyelids, you may be a good candidate for an upper blepharoplasty.
Sagging or loose skin on the upper lid can be aesthetically bothersome for many people. However, it can also lower your field of vision.
This is the most common type of eyelid surgery. It can open up your eyes so that they look more expressive & youthful.
At times, a Browlift may be recommended as an additional procedure to open the outer corners of the eyes even more.
Benefits of Blepharoplasty
There are a number of benefits that are associated with blepharoplasty, including the following:
- Boost your confidence – You will look amazing and feel even better!
- Improve your vision – In cases of extreme upper-lid puffiness or dropping, blepharoplasty can be vital to improve the patient’s field of vision.
- More youthful eye shape – This procedure can take years off your appearance.
- Smoother forehead – You may have gotten into the habit of raising your eyebrows for a better view if your upper eyelids feel heavy. This can contribute to deep furrows in the head, so eyelid surgery can also help in this department.
- Brighter eyes – The light can be prohibited from reaching your irises and giving them color when there are extra puffiness and skin around the eyes.
“I’ve been considering eyelid surgery for a while now. My lids were starting to droop, and my right lid was even droopier because I had a non-stop twitch for over a year. I looked at just about every eyelid surgery review on Real Self (thank you all for posting!) and ended up booking a couple of consultations. I decided to go with Dr. Lanfranchi…he was more expensive but he and his staff were so professional and made me feel comfortable. I had the procedure on October 13…I’m still in the healing process but I am so pleased with my progress so far. I think my right eye is still a little swollen, but the bruising is almost completely gone and the scar is healing nicely. Overall, very pleased!” *
Take the Next Step
Ready to learn more about blepharoplasty? The first step is an in-person consultation with Dr. Lanfranchi. Please fill out the form on this page to request a consultation or call our office directly at (702) 929-3880 during normal business hours (please leave a message if we are unable to answer). The Lanfranchi Center serves the Las Vegas and Henderson, NV areas.