FACELIFT VS. MINI-FACELIFT LAS VEGAS:
I recently shared an article for RealSelf.com talking about the different types of facelifts. I felt there was a need to describe the variations between a facelift, necklift, SMAS facelift, lower facelift, and mini-facelift Las Vegas. Please be sure to watch the video below after reading. Much of the understandable confusion comes from the fact that basically the same procedure (more or less) can go by many names. Certainly there are some minor differences as to how much one area is tightened compared to another (for example, the necklift portion versus the jawline/jowls). How much work performed directly under the chin (i.e. liposuction, platysmaplasty, and/or chin augmentation) is also important. However, at great lower facelift and necklift should have a few requirements at the minimum. Here are my top 5 listed below:
1) Tighten and shorten the platysma muscle and SMAS muscle layer (under the skin). This will contour the underlying neck and jawline.
2) Remove any significant neck fat (either under the chin and/or under the jawbone) using liposuction. This will create for better overall contour.
3) Address any neck bands or cords under the chin. Add a chin implant, if necessary, to increase profile. These will both add drama to the neckline.
4) Remove excess skin around the ears. Do not create any tension on the healing lines.
5) Careful attention should be given to closure of all incisions. This includes those that the patient cannot see themselves.
The “TLC LIFT” is the branded name we have given our lower facelift, necklift and mini-facelift Las Vegas. I personally have performed this amazing treatment over 5,000 times in the past decade (since 2006). The procedure is a mastered and refined Lift. It has been perfected over the years through repetition, self-assessment, and the desire to make it better every time. It is customized for every single patient. No two lifts are ever exactly the same. However, in all cases it addresses all the important points as mentioned above. It is our pleasure to educate each and every patient who visits us. Our consultations are always complimentary to all our new clients.
Please watch the video below (Click Here to see all of my other educational videos!).
Provided here are more detailed commentary, thoughts, and philosophy regarding the types of Lifts for today’s patients. Enjoy! – Dr. Lanfranchi